Oven Roasted Harissa Carrots
Serves four as a side dish
Note: This dish is especially good if you can find organic heirloom carrots. The spice and acid in the harissa plays amazingly well with the inherent sweetness of the carrots and maple syrup.
- 1 tablespoons Savor Harissa Mix, prepared
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Savor
- 2 bunches, about 1 1/2 pounds small rainbow carrots, peeled and tops trimmed to 1/2 inch. Cut larger ones in half lengthwise.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the harissa, olive oil, maple syrup and Savor.
- Add the carrots and toss to coat and place onto a half sheet pan.
- Roast for 18 to 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Turn the carrots over half way through cooking time.
- Taste for seasoning and add a little more Savor if desired.
Serve hot from the oven or at room temperature
Inspired by Bon Appetit, November 2014