The perfect bite for your next party! These peppers aren’t overly spicy; they’re really quite mild and tasty. You can dress shishito peppers up a variety of ways, but we think they are best blistered in a frying pan with some olive oil, Savor, chili flakes, then finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Serve them as an appetizer, enjoy them as a pre-meal snack, or fry up a few whenever you pop a top. They’re best paired with something cool to drink and something sweet and spicy to dip them in.
- 6 oz shishito peppers
- 2 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Savor All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 fresh lemon for finishing and garnish
- Heat a large frying pan at medium heat. When warm add olive oil and warm the oil just short of smoking
- Add shishito peppers to pan and cook for 2-4 minutes until slightly brown/blistered.
- Stir peppers and season with half of your salt and half of your chili flakes then continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until peppers soften slightly.
- Place on serving plate then squeeze half of a lemon over the peppers. Season with remaining salt and chili flakes to your preference.
- Serve immediately
* Serving options: include lemon wedges, Sriracha, sweet chili sauce or soy.