Makes 4 eight inch pizzas
Adapted from Weber’s Art of the Grill
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 T. chopped rosemary (optional)
- 2 T. olive oil, plus more for grilling the crusts
- In a small bowl add the yeast, sugar, water (105-115 degrees) and stir to combine. Let this mixture set until foamy. If the mixture doesn’t foam after 10 minutes, start over.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the flour, Savor and rosemary. Add the proofed yeast and the olive oil and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough begins to hold together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth, 8 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place into an oiled bowl. Turn the dough over, so the top is oiled. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm area. The dough should double in 1 to 1 1⁄2 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat
- Deflate or “punch” down the dough by gently pushing on it with your hands.
- Place dough on lightly floured work surface and divide into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into an eight-inch round, about 1/8th of an inch thick. If the dough resist, cover with a clean towel and let rest for a few minutes so the gluten can relax.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and place on a sheet pan. Gently slide the dough onto a medium hot grill and cook uncovered until nice grill marks appear.
- Remove from the grill and place cooked side up on the sheet pan. Add your toppings of choice, being careful not to over load the pizzas with ingredients.
- Carefully put the pizza back on the grill, cover and cook until the bottom is crisp and the toppings are heated through.
Cut into wedges and serve.