Note: Perfect healthy, make ahead picnic salad or vegetarian entree. The sweetness from the pomegranate molasses and spicy harissa pair beautifully with the grains and fresh herbs. Enjoy!
- 2 cups fine or medium bulgur
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon prepared Savor Harissa Mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 green onions, white and green sections, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, small dice, about 3/4 cup
- 1 English cucumber, small dice, about 3 cups
- 1 bunch chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Savor All-Purpose Seasoning
- Place the bulgur, molasses and harissa into a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Pour the hot water over the top of the bulgur mixture, stir and set aside for 45 minutes so the bulgur will cool and soften.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl, stirring to incorporate.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Before serving check for seasonings, adding more lemon juice and Savor All-Purpose seasoning if needed.
To serve: Mound on a large platter and garnish with additional herbs if desired.