Oven Roasted Pulled Pork Shoulder
Note: This oven method closely emulates cooking in a true Barbeque or indirect smoker by achieving a “bark” and moist tender meat.
- 4 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Savor Rub
- Favorite Barbeque sauce to taste.
- Remove netting or ties from the roast.
- Using your hands, coat entire roast with the mustard and then with 1/4 cup of Savor Rub.
- Place the roast into a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove roast from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place roast into the oven uncovered and cook for approximately 5 1/2 hours. Internal temperature should be 195 degrees.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for at least 1/2 hour.
- Using 2 forks remove any visible fat and shred the pork.
- Add the remainder Savor Rub and barbeque sauce to taste. To use in a sandwich, please see coleslaw recipe.