Yield approximately 4 cups
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots, about 3 shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic, about 3 cloves
- 24 ounces ketchup, about 2 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Savor BBQ Rub
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon Savor
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a deep saucepan , over medium heat saute the shallots and garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil until softened, about 4 minutes
- Add all of remaining ingredients except the butter and whisk to combine.
- Cook uncovered on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the butter and serve.