Note:I know everyone has a favorite meatloaf recipe, but this one is really good! The addition of the finely chopped vegetables keeps the meat mixture light and delicious. Serve this with the Oven Roasted Harissa Carrots and mashed potatoes for a family pleasing meal.
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Savor All-Purpose
- 1 large shallot peeled and roughly chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 stalk celery, roughly chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 2 pounds ground beef, 80/20
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, and Savor. Set aside.
- Place the shallot, carrot, celery and garlic in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the parsley to the vegetables and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Stir the vegetable mixture together with the bread crumb mixture until combined.
- Add the ground beef and gently mix to combine. Your hands are the best tool for this.
- Coat a 9″x 12″ pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the meatloaf and shape it into a flat wide loaf of equal thickness.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches at least 155 degrees.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and carefully remove any accumulated fat if desired.